Thank you for visiting picturemotion.com. We know you don’t want the information you provide us shared indiscriminately. Here we explain what information Picture Motion Campaigns, LLC (and our third-party vendors (collectively “we”) acting on our behalf to help deliver the services and operate and analyze use of the Site), collect, what we do with the information, and what controls you have over the information collected. We’re committed to ensuring the privacy of your personally identifiable information, and to protecting your ability to make financial transactions and transmit your personal data with full confidence.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect two types of information from you: a) Personally identifiable information, includes personal information (such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information and/or other identifying information) you voluntarily supply upon request when you register for our website, complete a survey, register for an online discussion, sign up to host a screening, enter a contest or provide your e-mail address; and b) Non-personally identifiable information, for example IP Addresses and cookies, which includes tracking information collected as you navigate through our site. Uses of this information are discussed in Section 2 below.
A. Personally Identifiable Information
We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis upon request.
Registration for our websites:
Anyone can view our site, however some pages of the Site may require a free registration which enables full access to the information and resources offered throughout the Site. A unique email address (user name) and password must be supplied to register.
E-Mail and E-mail Newsletters:
On occasion, we may collect personal information from users in connection with optional email and e-mail newsletters. We will indicate which information is required and which is optional. Such information will be used as indicated at the time of collection.
On occasion, we may collect personal information from users in connection with optional marketing and promotional communications from Picture Motion Campaign LLC. We will indicate which information is required and which is optional. Such information will be used as indicated at the time of collection.
B. Non-personally Identifiable Information
In addition to information that you provide to us, we may also collect and store certain non-personally identifiable information automatically when you use the Site. This information helps us improve the experience you and other visitors have with the Site.
For example, we may collect your IP address, browser information and reference site domain, as well as related information such as the date on which you visit the Site. This information does not identify you personally and is only used in the aggregate.
As is common practice among web sites, we use “cookies” and similar technologies. In general, cookies — the informational files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website — are used on this Site to track and analyze how you and other visitors use our Site. We use these cookies in order to improve the Site, to identify the source of visitors and what pages you use while on our site, to offer visitors interactive and/or personalized features that would not be possible without the cookies, to recall specific information to save visitors time when they return to the Site, to provide our sponsors targeted sponsorship opportunities, to provide visitors customized sponsorship messages or list of customized videos of interest, and to identify usage and statistical trends. By looking at this traffic we can better understand our community, which allows us to improve our Site and to provide you with an optimal experience and better service. Our sponsorship service vendors, which serve sponsorship messages onto our site, and third party vendors that measure and analyze the use of the Site for us, may also use their own cookies. At no time does the cookie reveal your name, address, or e-mail address (even if you have entered these in specific areas of the Site). The Site pages cannot extract any personally identifying information about you from what we receive via a cookie and your browser.
2. HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION GATHERED ON THE SITE
Neither Picture Motion Campaigns LLC, nor our third-party vendors acting on our behalf to help deliver the services and operate the Site, will willfully disclose any personally identifiable information about our online users to any non-affiliated third party without first receiving the user’s permission, unless required by law.
In terms of our own use of information, we may use your personally identifiable information for the activities described in the previous sections, for the activities described when you submitted the information, or for internal and marketing promotional purposes as further described in this policy.
We will typically explain the extent of use at the time you are asked to provide personal information. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply “opt out.” Under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, as in hosting a screening.
As mentioned, in certain cases, we contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf. These service providers maintain customer databases with e-mail addresses of Site visitors who have provided them to us by registering at our site, signing up for a newsletter or email, e-mailing us questions about the service, hosting a screening, donors who submit online contributions, or online buyers who make a purchase. We (which includes our service providers) will use these addresses to respond to the general purposes for which we collected the information, to provide services and to operate the Site, including to respond to inquiries; to process credit card payments, billing, and shipping; to process e-mail distribution; for list processing and analysis; for promotions management; to send information about Picture Motion’s programs, services. Our service providers have access to your personally identifiable information as necessary to provide certain services on our behalf. They are required to maintain the privacy of all such information in their possession or control and can only use the information on our behalf for the purpose that we have contracted them, for example sending you a newsletter. They are not authorized to use your information for any other purpose.
Similarly, personally identifiable information provided in connection with a donation or transaction will be shared with third parties who perform services to process the donation or transaction.
We occasionally exchange some of our donors’ names and postal addresses with carefully selected nonprofit educational, cultural, health, and social service organizations. When you make an online contribution, your name and postal address will be included as eligible for an exchange. Our exchange program provides other nonprofits with only your name and postal address.
We will not sell, exchange, or lend e-mail addresses to any non-affiliated third party, without your permission. However, we or our service providers may release personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that the law or legal process requires it, we have received a valid administrative request from a law enforcement agency, or such release is necessary to protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
On certain pages, we may now or in the future, offer visitors the opportunity to provide comments, messages or other user-generated text, content or materials (collectively “User Materials”). Any information that you disclose when posting a message to these areas, such as your name, screen name or ID used, becomes public. In addition, the information that you disclose in these areas may be used by us for promotional and marketing purposes. We are not responsible for any personally identifiable information that you choose to disclose in these public areas. Further, Picture Motion, its production units, affiliates and their licensees, may use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, and/or adapt any User Materials, and any information contained therein, in any and all media formats or channels, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the Site, other third party web sites, and on mobile platforms.
We offer several e-mail newsletters and emails. We will always provide a clear and convenient method of unsubscribing to our e-mailings. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located in each newsletter or email, or by going to the Site’s Contact Us
page and send us a message. We will update our records as soon as possible.
Picture Motion, with the assistance from time to time of its third party service vendors, may use non-identifying aggregate information to analyze use of and better design the Site and to share with third parties in aggregate form only as appropriate. For example, we may tell a third party that a certain number of users accessed a particular video on our Site. However, we will not disclose any information that could be used to identify those users.
3. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Picture Motion Campaigns, LLC has in place what we believe to be appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Credit card information provided on the Site is protected against unauthorized use by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security features. The SSL protocol is the industry standard method for creating an encrypted, secure connection between your web browser and a web server, such as the Site’s server. You should, however, keep in mind that no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Because most e-mail is not encrypted, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
4. CHILDREN’S USE OF THE WEBSITE
This Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information or other information from children under age 13. If You are under 13 years old, do not use or provide any information on or through the Service. If we learn we have collected or received personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If You believe we might have any personally identifiable information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us
5. AFFILIATED COMPANY WEBSITES
6. EXTERNAL LINKS
7. CORRECTIONS TO PERSONAL DATA; OPTING OUT
Please contact us
to a) correct or update any personal information in the Picture Motion database that you state is erroneous, b) opt-out of future communications from Picture Motion Campaigns, LLC, or c) request Picture Motion to make reasonable efforts to remove your personal information from the Picture Motion online database, thereby canceling your profile, newsletter registration and other Picture Motion Campaigns, LLC registrations. This will not necessarily remove previous public comments and other User Materials submitted for public display on the Site. You should understand that it may be impossible to delete personal information entirely because of backups and records of deletions.
9. LOCATION OF OUR SERVERS; GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE FOR DISPUTES
11. VIRTUAL SCREENING ROOM & CHAT
We provide a virtual screening room for select events on our Site which includes the ability for a group chat. By entering and participating in any virtual screening room’s chat (“Virtual Screening Room”) you agree to the following terms and conditions of participation. These terms and conditions are contractually binding upon you and you agree to each of them.
- You enter and participate in the Virtual Screening Room and gain access to the materials contained thereon at your own risk.
- We do not monitor or screen participant communications on the Virtual Screening Room and we are not responsible for any material that any Chat Room participant posts and we do not assume the responsibility to do so.
- We do not make any representations or warranties as to the truth or accuracy of any statement made or materials posted on or through the Virtual Screening Room. You agree and acknowledge that you assume the risk of any actions you take in reliance upon the information that may be contained in the Chat Room.
- We do not endorse or lend any credence for any statements that are made by any participant in the Virtual Screening Room.
- You are fully responsible for your own statements and materials that you post in the Virtual Screening Room and any consequences, whether or not foreseen, to any party who may rely upon these statements. You agree that you will not take any action directed towards attempting to hold us responsible for any such materials or statements.
- Any opinions or views expressed by Virtual Screening Room participants are their own. We do not endorse or support or otherwise give any credence or reason for reliance on any such statements or opinions.
- In the event that we are notified by any party that any communications contained in the Virtual Screening Room or any parties participation in the Virtual Screening Room is contrary to these terms of Virtual ScreeningRoom access, we may, but are not obligated to, investigate the situation and determine in our own discretion, whether to remove such communication from the Virtual Screening Room. We have no liability or responsibility to investigate or remove any content from the Virtual ScreeningRoom based upon a complaint or otherwise.
- As a participant in the Virtual Screening Room, you agree that we may remove any materials from the Virtual Screening Room for any reason, in our sole discretion, or for no reason at all. This includes material that is disruptive, abusive, offensive, illegal, vulgar, pornographic, or any other material. You hold us harmless from and against any damage you or others may suffer as a result of our removal of any content from the Virtual Screening Room or from the discontinuance of the Virtual Screening Room at any time.
- Communications that include words defined by the Company as profanity or hate will be blocked upon submission to the chat.
- We have the right to remove, expel, or disqualify any party from participation and access to the Virtual Screening Room for any time and for any reason, or for no reason whatsoever, in our sole and absolute discretion. This includes, but is not limited to any violation of this agreement, disruptive behavior, complaints from other parties, any allegedly illegal activity, or for any other reason or for no reason at all.
- We reserve the right to terminate the Virtual Screening Room at any time and all users hold us harmless from and against any claims, damages, suits, threats, demands, liabilities, actions, causes of action, or injuries that may result therefrom, including but not limited to any consequential, incidental and special damages of every nature and type.
- You agree that you will not (i) use the Virtual Screening Room for any illegal purpose, (ii) place any material in the Virtual Screening Room that violates the copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, confidential information or other rights of any other party, (iii) place any material in the Virtual Screening Room that contains a false statement about any person, infringes upon the privacy rights of any other person, or threatens, harasses, abuses or embarrasses any other person, (iv) place any obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or violent materials, graphics, photographs, text or otherwise in the Virtual Screening Room, (v) place any advertising, attempted business solicitation, marketing materials or sales promotional materials in the Virtual Screening Room, (vi) pretend to be another person that you are not, (vii) place materials in the Virtual Screening Room that are disruptive or off-topic.
- By accessing the Virtual Screening Room and placing any information in the Chat Room, you hereby grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free license in and to such materials, including but not limited to the right to post, publish, transmit, distribute, create derivative works based upon, create translations of, modify, amend, enhance, change, display and publicly perform such materials in any form or media, whether now known or later discovered.
- You grant to others who access the Virtual Screening Room a perpetual, non-revocable, royalty free license to view, download, store and reproduce your postings but such license is limited to the personal use and enjoyment of such other party accessing the Virtual Screening Room.